Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Third ACT Experience

What I learned From my 2nd ACT Experience:
  1. To Study The Science Graphs in the "Princeton Review Book"/online to find out the best strategies. 
  2. To Study The Grammar Section More thoroughly to be more precise in order to catch any slip-ups
  3. For Math, To review my questions or refer back to the hard questions to optimize the best results
  4. Take my confidence and knowledge from my previous two experiences and be more relaxed and knowing.
  5. On the reading section,  to really look for what the author is trying to get across

In Essence, I'm trying to get a scholarship to college so the 26 couldn't cut it, I was looking for a 28 [acceptable for Stanford].


Pre-Test/Section 1: Reading: This time, I went to a different testing location equipped  with full desks instead of the half-desks, which really helped  me to get relaxed and comfortable.  I started out the reading section with a specific strategy: To look for the main ideas of each paragraph, then go and try to answer all of the questions, referring back to the passage if needed. I breezed through this section because I had a game-plan: that momentum could bring out a rhythm  and groove in my testing.That technique worked nicely because I finished before with time to go back and look at a few arduous questions.


Section 2: Math: No change here. I did great and this time I reviewed some of the permutation and combination problems and even caught a mistake. You brain may skip and you don't even realize it, it's always good to check your answers if you have time.


Section 3: Grammar

Grammar was a little  shaky in places, but overall not a challenge. I caught myself looking for the wrong elements in some questions, but then reconnected with my logic. Overall, I thought I man-handled it.

Section 4: Science 

This was make it or break it for me. All that was standing in my way was a series of complicated graphs that weren't so complicated if  you just had patience enough to connect the dots. That what I did. I let my thoughts develop instead of searching for them  by bouncing from graph to graph aimlessly. I thought I was a little rough-around-the-edges, but overall a minor success.:


Writing: Topic: Give your opinion on the combination of schools into one super high school.
This was easy enough. My thesis started out to be that I believe that it isn't sanitary or favorable to the students because of the crowded halls, and cramped lockers, but I turned it around to it  not being fair for a student's education because of the increased activity and distraction. I broke my first thesis up and used them for main ideas for my body paragraphs. Overall, got to the point, and was clear and concise.


Results For My Third ACT::


Score 28

Reading: 29
Math:28
Science:26
Grammar:27
Writing: 11 Out of 12

I Made IT!!! Now I have To Apply for the scholarship!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment